If you have, then you may be looking for ways to preserve and display it. Sports Roses are made to last for a very long time, but you don’t want to leave them lying around to accumulate dust or get bleached by sunlight. If your Sports Roses are a commemoration of a great achievement, you want to be able to display them properly and preserve their pristine condition.
The easiest way to do this is with a shadow box. In fact, because shadow boxes are so versatile you can proudly show off your Sports Roses on your living room mantle or hang them prominently on a wall.
Here are some suggestions on how to make the best shadow box that will give justice to your sports roses.
- Make your own shadow box or purchase a ready-made shadow box at a local craft store. Are you crafty and good at working with your hands? You can make your own shadow boxes using materials found in a woodworking shop or local hardware stores. The benefit to designing your own is that you can create a custom-sized shadow box that is not available in stores. You’ll need to have access to woodworking tools and supplies. If you are not experienced with woodworking, you may want to find someone who can help you with this project. Below is a video tutorial of how to create your own custom shadow box from scratch.
- Not experienced with woodworking? Purchase a ready-made shadow box. If you don’t think you can make a shadow box on your own, visit your local craft store (like Michael’s) to find one that will fit your Sports Roses display. Look for a display that has a long rectangular shape. To save money on supplies, pay attention to any special sales your local store may be running. Many craft stores offer a coupon for 40%-50% one item to help significantly bring down your costs. Once you have your shadow box ready, add in your Sports Roses to create a lasting memory that you can display anywhere in your home. You may need to cut the stem of your Sports Roses to fit inside the shadow box.
- Add additional mementos that complete the story of your Sport Rose. You can make Sports Roses the centerpiece of your shadow box display, but it doesn’t have to be the only content. Gather pictures of the event, tickets to the game, news article cutouts, hand written messages after the game, and other relevant items that will tell the whole story behind your Sports Roses. This way you are building a complete and lasting memory of a special event in your life.
- Decorate the outside of the box to make it more iconic. Paint the outside of the shadow box in a way that reminds you of the court or field. Tack on stickers around the shadowbox to make it look more festive. You are only limited by your imagination in how you can present your memory using a shadowbox with the Sports Rose inside.
- Create a place for the shadow box. Even before you finish making your shadow box, you should have an idea of where it will go to. Most people hang them on a wall, but you can also put it inside your trophy case. The most important thing is to not leave it tucked away where it doesn’t see the light of day. Display it so you can proudly show off your accomplishments.
When you make a shadow box and use it to display your Sports Roses, you are honoring a happy memory by giving it a prominent spot in your home. You can be sure it will be a more lasting memory, one that will be a source of pride and joy for many years to come.
I’ve made several shadow box displays to preserve special autographed Baseball Roses by Trevor Hoffman and Tony Gwynn (see the example displayed above). They hang prominently in my office and are a great way to show my support and pride for my favorite players.
How will you design your next Sports Rose shadow box?
Want a FREE sports rose? Enter your name and email address to receive a coupon for a FREE sports rose and other special offers only available to our subscribers.