Getting ready to watch your favorite NFL team this season?
Did you know that you can no longer bring purses, backpacks, seat cushions, fanny packs, camera and binocular cases into any NFL stadium during the 2013 season?
The NFL created a new universal bag policy that will be enforced at all NFL stadiums starting with the 2013 NFL season.
As the 2013 season approaches, NFL teams are sending out notifications by email to ticket purchasers to let fans know about what is and is not allowed with the new bag policy.
What Is Not Allowed?
- Backpacks (including clear backbacks)
- Binocular and Camera Cases
- Tinted or Printed Pattern Plastic Bags
- Fanny Packs
- Seat Cushions with Pocket
- Oversided Tote Bags
- Mesh Bags
The new NFL bag policy is one of the strictest bag policies in all of professional sports. It will take some time for fans to get used to these new restrictions. So what will the NFL allow into its stadiums this year?
What Is Allowed?
- One bag that is clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ by 6″ and 12″ or
- A one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- In addition to one of the clear bags noted above, fans may also carry in a small clutch bag or purse approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items, including diaper bags, after proper inspection designated for this purpose.
- Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse, providing ample storage capacity.
I spoke with a representative with the San Diego Chargers and they also added that you can still bring in a camera or binoculars as long as they are carried around your neck without a case or in an acceptable clear bag (as listed above).
Fans attending an NFL games may also carry in items in their pockets such as keys, makeup, combs, phones, wallets, and credit cards. Fans can also continue to carry a blanket or jacket into the stadium.
Some NFL teams are helping their fans make the transition by providing complimentary clear bags to their season ticket-holders (see the Chargers bag pictured at the top of this article).
Fans with more questions should visit http://nfl.com/ALLCLEAR.