If you’re planning a softball tournament for your league, here are some tips.
- Secure a park. Look for a playing field in your local area and see when it’s available. A good rule of thumb is eight teams per field. Don’t forget to contact umpires and ask them to reserve the date.
- Determine the prize. Decide on a prize for the winners of your softball tournament — it could be a trophy, a cash prize, or apparel, such as t-shirts, caps, towels, etc.
- Get sponsors. Running a softball tournament can be pricey, so talk to local businesses about sponsoring the tournament. Give them advertising in exchange for donations.
- Invite teams and advertise. You may have teams you know you’d like to invite already, so reach out to them well in advance. In addition, you can advertise in your local community recreation centers and encourage community members to put teams together for the event.
- Have on-site resources and concessions. You will need to have necessities like water and first aid available on-site. In addition, consider adding food and concessions. Selling Softball Roses can be a great way to fundraise at the event.
Preparing for your tournament is just half the fun. With the necessary preparations in place, everyone’s guaranteed to have a good time and play ball!
Want a FREE Sports Rose? Enter your name and email address to receive a coupon for a FREE Sports Rose and other special offers only available to our subscribers.