Is the grocery store open today? We know you are wondering as the nachos, chili and beverages are disappearing fast from your bowl game food table!
Just in case you do run out of something, in spite of the bushels of pot-luck toted in by your guests, here are some fast and furious ideas for great nosh, easily assembled on the fly.
Dip they’ll love – expand or reduce for the quantity needed to get through the afternoon
- 1 regular tub of sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic – small flakes is ok
- Chili pepper to taste
- Mix by hand and set it on the table with the chips & crackers
- 6 (8 oz.) pkg. pre-baked cheese pizza crusts (12 small crusts)
- Or … day-old bread , cut in large squares, if the store is out of pizza crust
- Don’t forget still-fresh taco-building leftovers for ingredients
- Meat, about ¼ cup per pizza
- Cooked diced chicken breast
- Cooked ground beef
- Sliced Canadian bacon
- Thin-sliced smoked salmon
- Vegetables, about ¼ cup per pizza
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped red, green or yellow bell peppers
- Chopped red or green onions
- Sliced ripe or green olives
- Chopped fresh spinach
- Cheese, about ½ cup per pizza, or 24 oz. (6 cups) of shredded …
- Monterey jack
- Feta, crumbled
- Gorgonzola, crumbled
- Each guest build and heat to suit!
And don’t forget to gather all your Football Roses from all last year, along with the mini-pennants and any sport ribbon still left, to add fun decorations and a centerpiece.
On another subject … is there a subject other than bowl games on New Year’s Day? Well, actually … just a thought that now is the time to plan your Valentine’s Day fundraising campaign with Sports Roses. Early arrangements are essential, so download our Free Fundraising Guide for all the information you need to create a successful fundraiser for your organization. It does take time to hand-craft Sports Roses in bulk, so don’t delay!
May your teams prevail in the bowls, or at least make a gallant showing of drive and purpose!
Best wishes for a wonderful New Year!
Want a FREE Sports Rose? Enter your name and email address to receive a coupon for a FREE Sports Rose and other special offers only available to our subscribers.