Your wedding is your day and everything about it should reflect YOU. Many brides and grooms feel boxed in by traditional wedding ideas but modern weddings are much more creative than the ones you remember from your childhood. Case in point? A Football themed wedding.
Keep in mind choosing a theme doesn’t mean going overboard. Farm themed weddings don’t have cows as the best men and a football wedding doesn’t mean your groom gets to wear a dirty old Cowboys cap or that your bridesmaids have to wear Broncos orange and blue (though you can if you want!). It simply means including elements of your passion in the wedding mainstays, like the bride’s bouquet, the groom’s boutonniere, and centerpieces.
Take, for example, our men’s boutonniere. The dark, genuine football leather we use in our Football Roses is an excellent offset to other traditional flowers like roses or baby’s breath. This choice gives your groom the opportunity to showcase a part of himself and have something he loves on display at the wedding.
Other elements that can add football fun and flare to your big day:
- Have guests sign a personalized jersey instead of a guestbook
- Serve specialty hot dogs, nachos, beer and other stadium-inspired foods
- Have a football themed photo booth for guests to play around in
- Send guests home with their own mini football as a wedding favor
- Incorporate your favorite teams’ colors into the floral designs and table décor
- Get a football theme cake topper
- Order a Heisman trophy style cake for the groom’s cake
- Consider writing your own vows and compiling them with other people’s advice into an “Our Wedding Playbook”
- Consider holding the ceremony or reception at a football related area
- Use Football Roses generously in your decorations
Spend some time really thinking about what you love about football. Is it the spectacle? Is the rush of a touchdown? Is it the athleticism of the players? Whatever you love most about the game is what you to share with your friends and family on your special day.
If you know you want a football themed wedding but you aren’t sure where to start there are a few website and even specialized wedding planners that can take your event to the next level. Whatever you do, make your passion a part of your special day!
Want a FREE Sports Rose? Enter your name and email address to receive a coupon for a FREE Sports Rose and other special offers only available to our subscribers.