Christmas is the world’s way of coming together and, for just a moment, focusing on peace, love, joy, and goodwill toward others. And we all have different ways of celebrating it. So tell us, what’s your favorite holiday tradition?
If you’re looking for fun activities to do this holiday season, this post is full of great ideas. Here are some great tips:
- Sing Christmas carols. If you don’t, why don’t you try it out with your family on Christmas Eve? Nothing brings the holiday spirit faster.
- Bake cookies and other goodies. Kids enjoy baking with their parents but the most exciting part is eating them! Be sure to make plenty for you to keep AND give away.
- Give anonymously. In most communities, there are giving trees, Secret Santa organizations, and Toys for Tots programs that allow you to give anonymously to people in need around Christmas. Make it a holiday tradition for your family to participate.
- Create your own ornaments. Take some time to create your own ornaments. Buy a stained glass kit from your local craft store, paint your own ornaments, or even pick up fallen pine cones and glitter them up.
- Watch a classic holiday film. Make a tradition of watching your favorite old holiday film classics around the holidays: How the Grinch Stole Christmas, White Christmas, It’s a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Story, and Miracle on 34th Street are some of our favorites.
These are just some of the amazing activities that you can do with your family, friends, and community this Christmas. How about you? What’s your favorite tradition?
Like us on Facebook for discounts, announcements, sporting news, and more!