Ashley shares photos from her wedding. She desired a memorable way to express her passion for softball at her special ceremony. Her bridal bouquet design included red and white flowers along with everlasting Softball Roses.
“I chose to use Softball Roses in my bouquet for my wedding, making the whole occasion and the photo shoots incredibly unique!”
Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos Ashley. And congratulations!
Do you have a Sports Roses photo you would like to share?
Submit your photo here to get featured on our website gallery.
Are you looking for creative ways to show your patriotism while also supporting your favorite sports teams?
In this post, I’ll introduce you to Sports Roses and how these flowers can be the perfect mementos to help you show your patriotic side, while still fiercely displaying your passion for sports.
Of course, you are already aware of baseball being affectionately dubbed as the great American pastime. Football closely fits the bill too, and basketball isn’t far behind as a sport that speaks to the heart of every passionate American. Our soldiers overseas spend their downtime watching live games on the Armed Forces Network, because it is the one thing that ties them to their country, even when stationed in a foreign location.
Sports Roses are handcrafted artificial roses made from genuine leather, the same material that’s used to make baseballs, softballs, footballs, and basketballs.
So how can you use Sports Roses as a way to display your patriotism, while still staying true to your sporting interests? Here are some simple ways.
- You can show your patriotism in the simplest of ways by buying Sports Roses and displaying them in your home, car or office. Your support for your sports teams goes beyond being just another passing personal interest. In truth, your support of your teams allows professional sports in America to thrive. It allows sports to continue entertaining the troops abroad and the millions of others here in America that watch the games on their televisions every night. Sports Roses are simple, yet powerful symbols of your continuing support for American professional sports.
- Buy a bouquet of Sports Roses for a returning soldier in your community who is an athlete. Sports Roses are memorable and personalized expressions of an athletes passion for sports, and make the perfect gift for a soldier-athlete who has served our country. They will know how are truly grateful and appreciative you are of their efforts when you give them Sports Roses – a truly unique and eye-catching symbol of their love for sports.
- Sports Roses can help bond communities together. America is all about the local communities that live out the American ideals of freedom and independence. You can bond your community tighter by giving out Sports Roses to some of your closest friends that love sports. The display will last a lifetime, and will be a lasting reminder of the relationship that binds you as a community and the common interests you have in sports.
You can display the virtue of patriotism even in the simplest of ways. By continuing to show support for your favorite sports, you are making sure that the great American pastime lives on. Are you ready to buy your first order of Sports Roses today?
To commemorate the upcoming 4th of July holiday, we have created a limited-edition Star Spangled Baseball Rose featuring a custom printed Old Glory design on the petals. We have added all 50 stars on the petals around the baseball rose and the red laces from the baseball are symbolic of the American flag’s red and white stripes. It’s a one-of-a-kind creation that is sure to sell out fast!
Want a FREE Sports Rose? Enter your name and email address to receive a coupon for a FREE Sports Rose and other special offers only available to our subscribers.
Happy New Year From Softball Roses!
2013 is here and that means a new season of softball is only weeks away! We hope you’ve been keeping in shape throughout the fall and winter. Many of us are setting goals and resolutions for the new year, so we thought it would be a good time to review some essentials for nurturing your body and mind so that you can perform your best!
5 Important Performance Enhancing Nutritional Tips
- Don’t leave out breakfast.
Are you always in a rush to school or work each morning? Many of us hit the snooze button on the alarm clock until the last minute and then we rush to get dressed and get out the door without refueling our bodies. Foods that contain carbohydrates, protein, and fat are essential.
“Some good food choices to start your day are, fresh fruit, yogurt with fresh fruit, toast with peanut butter, toast with low fat cheese or whole grain cereals with milk.”
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day. We hear it all the time, but if you were to log how much water you drink each day, you will probably be surprised how little you drink. Eight 8-ounce glasses of fluids a day has been a general rule and it is supported by doctors. But if you are working out (especially in the sun), you may need more replenishment during those times. Sports drinks with electrolytes are a great choice before your work out. Don’t forget to drink fluids between innings and on breaks.
“Consumption of adequate fluid before, during and after strenuous activities can help maintain blood glucose levels during exercise, and maximize your performance.”
- Eat foods high in carbohydrates. Pastas, breads, fruits, and smoothies are just a few great examples to make sure you body has the energy it needs during your work outs.
“Have a snack at least 1 hour before a workout. Good snack choices may consist of granola bar, large banana, or even a ½ bagel.”
- Skip the vitamin and mineral supplements. If you are eating right, these aren’t needed. There may be some situations where supplements should be used, leave it to the professionals and consult your doctor to help you decide.
- Remember Your Time After Exercise Activity. Often overlooked, but just as important as your pre-exercise routines is to make sure you are taking care of your body after strenuous physical activity. Drink 3 cups or more of water to rehydrate your body after physical activity. And also make sure to eat after physical activity to replenish nutrients that were used up.
“One way to check your hydration level is to check the color of your urine. If the color is dark yellow, more consumption of water or sports drink is needed.”
By keeping these simple tips in mind throughout the year, you will be preparing your body and mind so that it can be ready to perform at it’s best when you need it the most. You may be young and healthy, but when you are competing with top athletes, you’ll need every bit of edge you can get. Start forming good habits now while you are young and you’ll see the rewards later on in your career.
“Good habits formed at youth make all the difference.” – Aristotle
Have any recommendations on how you prepare yourself for the season? Share them in our comments below.
Learn from the Best! An inspirational guide for aspiring young softball players by Jennie Finch